Role and company overview:
Quick Lane is an innovative, customer-focused ‘Fast Fit’ Tyre & Autocentre business. We aim to provide Convenience with Confidence to every customer through a combination of outstanding customer service, unrivalled technical expertise and state-of-the-art facilities. Quick Lane prides itself on providing a service that keeps customers coming back again and again. Our employees take their jobs seriously. They’re dedicated to doing the work right the ﬁrst time, every time, and make customer service a priority.
This role is crucial in setting up and optimising sourcing strategies for Parts and Oils across Europe (UK, Germany, France, Spain). As a Product Manager, you will be crucial in delivering growth for your product area, in line with profit and margin expectations, you will be an active influencer in the development and ongoing management of your product area.
- Overall responsibility for the complete Parts and Oil product lifecycle, from ’New to Range’ through to the timely removal from stock when required.
- Maximisation of Economies of Scale through building strong working relationships with the Omnicraft team, to ensure portfolio optimisation.
- Production and maintenance of Parts and Oil product and price files.
- Carry out supplier and competitor benchmarking analysis, to maintain our competitiveness in the marketplace. Analyse their overall product ranges, prices, sales and methods of marketing and distribution. Use this competitive data to devise innovative, time-relevant promotional campaigns.
- Implementation and maintenance of optimal stock and forecasting levels and procedures throughout or Franchise network, using market insight to strategically re-distribute stock where required, and to identify the ideal products for specific locations. Provide the Purchasing department with all relevant information to allow for timely ordering procedures.
- Develop strong relationships with suppliers, to support identification of hard to source products or out of stock items with minimal delay.
- Oversee supplier stock cleanses where require.
- Liaison with the Marketing team to promote brand awareness both internally and in external campaigns / special offers.
- Subject matter expert, with the requirement to handle any technical queries on your products.
- Produce and maintain KPI’s and regular reporting mechanisms to enable strategic insights to be gathered on the success of products.
- Provision of technical product training to Franchisees and other team members where required.
Although this is a Parts- and-Oil-specific role, you may be required at times to work across other product areas.
- You will have proven product management experience from an automotive aftermarket background, with strong technical and product knowledge.
- Flexible team player with a high level of commercial awareness.
- Previous experience operating in two or more European Markets (UK, Germany, France, Spain)
- Computer literacy with a high level of written and verbal communication.
Agreement to terms and conditions and Quick Lane contact is required.