What are you doing to protect your team members and customers?
We have taken a number of steps to help stop the spread of the virus and protect everyone who visits us, while ensuring that we remain open and continue to let our Quick Lane team look after you. These measures are:
- Our Quick Lane team are exercising social distancing as much as possible. We are stopping handshakes, but you will always be greeted with a smile!
- All team members will wear disposable gloves at all times, and will dispose of these as clinical waste.
- Hand sanitiser stations at the entrances of all Quick Lane centres
- In addition to our usual handover process, your key controls (including steering wheel, indicator and wiper stalks, gear lever and door handles) have all been wiped prior to handover.
- Our team members continue to be vigilant around hygiene and cleanliness, including frequent handwashing. Our waiting rooms are also sanitised regularly.
- Hand sanitiser is available to all centre team members and customers. Handwashing and hand-sanitiser usage will be completed by team members on entering and leaving any centre – and we will encourage customers to do the same.
- We can offer a ‘contactless’ service where you can leave your car with us if you are concerned
- We can offer a collect and deliver service at selected Quick Lane centres, please call your local centre to find out more
- We are encouraging, where possible for customers to make payment in a cashless and contactless way to prevent unnecessary contact.
Do I still need to complete an MOT for my vehicle if I am self-isolating?
No,If you have an appointment with us but are feeling unwell, or have any symptoms that relate to COVID-19 (coronavirus), please call your local Quick Lane centre to postpone your appointment. Our team are here to help, and we will be happy to rebook your appointment at a later date.
Should I put off getting my car serviced and MOT’d?
No, by law, your car or van requires a valid MOT certificate and having your vehicle serviced regularly ensures it stays in great shape, giving you total peace of mind. You may face fines and penalty points on your licence if you’re found to be driving a car with an expired MOT certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I turn up without booking?
Yes, we always try to have capacity in our workshops to accommodate customers that may not have had time to book or have an issue that needs sorting urgently. On some occasions, we may be at full capacity and there may be a small amount of time to wait. It's always best to give your chosen centre a heads up that you may be popping in and they can advise on current waiting times.
What if I need to change or cancel my appointment?
We know that life is full of unexpected events, so if you need to change or cancel your event, that’s no problem – simply let us know as soon as possible. You can also make changes to your booking by following the link in your original booking email.
Can you fix my air con?
Yes – we offer a range of competitive air con services, including a re-gas and system cleanse. Before carrying out any work we will do a free health check, to identify any issues.
Ask us a question
Send us a question today and we will get back in touch as soon as possible.